There are currently positions available with the Steinbach Fire Department.
Steinbach Fire Department
The Steinbach Fire Department is now recruiting for part-time (on-call) firefighters. If you are interested in this opportunity to make a difference in your community, here's how to apply:
Complete the application form available here, or pick one up from City Hall at 225 Reimer Avenue and return the completed form to City Hall by Friday, November 29, 2013.
If selected for an interview, you will be notified no later than Thursday, December 5, 2013.
The interview process will include a physical test of basic firefighting skills (see below).
Interviews / tests will take place Saturday, December 14, 2013.
You will be required to bring the following documentation to your interview:
- A criminal record check
- A drivers abstract
- Medical clearance from your doctor for the physical fitness aptitude test
1. Stair climb 5 times in full gear including breathing apparatus (no hand use on ascent)
2. Hoist a roll of hose, tied to the end of a rope, to the top of the stairwell (3 stories)
3. Dummy drag through cones without touching cones (if cone touched you must return to
4. Climb a ladder to a second story window, climb in through the window and back out of
the window and down the ladder
5. Walk to the front of the hall, drag 150’ of 1 ¾” hose across tarmac
6. Carry extrication tool 200’
7. Climb to top of ladder and back down (95’)
8. Remove and replace ground ladder from truck in a controlled manner
9. While wearing breathing apparatus crawl through a dark tunnel, following a fire hose
Applications and Resumes
If you are interested in applying for a position (other than Firefighter) with the City of Steinbach, please complete an application form or submit a resume to our Human Resources department. Job applications can be picked up at City Hall, 225 Reimer Avenue, or you can download an application here.
We accept job applications by mail at 225 Reimer Ave., Steinbach, MB R5G 2J1; by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by fax at (204) 346-6235. Applications are accepted only for positions as advertised. Resumes are not kept on file with the City.
After the closing date, applications and resumes will be forwarded to the hiring department, which will review them and make decisions on who will be selected to continue on in the interview process. We thank all those that apply but only those selected to continue on in the hiring process will be contacted.
Selection processes are designed based on the duties and responsibilities of the position and may include interviews, written tests, and/or physical agility tests.
For more information on jobs available or on the hiring process, contact Judy Stevenson by phone at (204) 346-6225 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
About Our Community
The City of Steinbach is the third largest community in Manitoba with a population of 13,524 people. Located approximately 60 kilometers southeast of Winnipeg, Steinbach is the central hub in the southeast region of Manitoba – a centre for business, recreational, and community activities. As the fastest growing community in Manitoba, Steinbach boasts many opportunities in terms of business development and growth. Success is further assured by favourable tax rates, close proximity to several markets, and access to reliable shipping and transportation. Many national franchise operations and other successful shops and services contribute to the rich diversity of Steinbach’s community and economy. The retail trading area serves over 50,000 people.