Property tax statements for Steinbach have been mailed and are due September 30th, 2016.
Tax statements are mailed to the current owners at time of printing. It is the property owners’ responsibility to obtain a copy should they have recently purchased a property and not received a tax statement.
Tax bills issued this year total about $29.3 million. Approximately 47 percent of this amount fund municipal programs including the City’s summer beautification program, street maintenance and snow clearing functions. It also funds a variety of Steinbach projects, including:
- new washroom and change room facilities at the Steinbach Soccer Park;
- asphalt resurfacing of Coral Crescent, Rose Street, and Lilac Bay;
- reconstruction of Barkman Avenue;
- intersection construction at Acres Drive and Penfeld Drive;
- sidewalk construction on Giesbrecht Street and Lilac Bay;
- City Hall expansion;
- asphalt surfacing of Old Tom Road;
- construction of a new community plaza in front of the T.G. Smith Arena;
- Elmdale streetscaping.
The remaining 53 percent of the annual tax levy is forwarded to the Province of Manitoba and the Hanover School Division to fund various school system projects and programs.
Comparatively, Steinbach continues to be among the lowest property tax rates in the province.
If you have not received a copy of your tax statement by the end of June, or if your mailing address has changed recently, please contact City Hall at 204-326-9877 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.