This winter has brought plenty of snow to the delight of snowmobiling enthusiasts. Steinbach’s Snowmobile By-Law is in place to ensure the fun and safety of everyone participating in the sport.
When operating snowmobiles within Steinbach:
- Snowmobiles must be operated with due care and attention, and in consideration for other persons and property.
- Snowmobiles are not permitted to trespass across private property (including the golf course), and in City parks, cemeteries, on sidewalks, or boulevards.
- Snowmobiles may be operated within the city on any street for the purpose of taking the most direct route in and out of the city to and from the rider’s place of residence.
- Snowmobiles must be driven as close to the right hand edge of the street as possible and in a single line with other snowmobiles
- Maximum speed within city limits is 20 km/hr.
- Permitted hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Snowmobile operators are not permitted to cross Provincial Trunk Highways within the urban area of the city, as follows:
- PTH 12 between Penfeld Drive (north) and Madison Drive (south)
- Main Street
- PTH 52 between Hespeler Street (east) and Industrial Road (west)
- Please respect all signs placed along the designated trails.
Questions regarding the Snowmobile By-Law may be directed, during regular business hours to the City of Steinbach Community Services Officer at 204.346.6561.
Complaints regarding Snowmobile By-Law offenders may be directed to the Steinbach RCMP at 204.326.1234.