The due date for property owners to pay their annual tax bills is Friday, September 30th.
Tax bills issued this year total about $29.3 million. Approximately 47 percent of this amount fund municipal programs including the City’s summer beautification program, street maintenance and snow clearing functions. It also funds a variety of Steinbach projects, including:
- new washroom and change room facilities at the Steinbach Soccer Park
- asphalt resurfacing of Coral Crescent, Rose Street, and Lilac Bay
- reconstruction of Barkman Avenue
- intersection construction at Acres Drive and Penfeld Drive
- sidewalk construction on Giesbrecht Street and Lilac Bay
- City Hall expansion
- asphalt surfacing of Old Tom Road
- construction of a new community plaza in front of the T.G. Smith Arena
- Elmdale Street streetscaping
The remaining 53 percent of the annual tax levy is forwarded to the Province of Manitoba and the Hanover School Division to fund various school system projects and programs.
Comparatively, Steinbach continues to be among the lowest property tax rates in the province.
Tax payments may be made in person or sent by mail to 225 Reimer Avenue, Steinbach, MB R5G 2J1. Property owners are encouraged to issue postdated cheques and drop them off prior to September 30th.