The City of Steinbach's Solid Waste Department works hard to provide consistent and efficient garbage collection for residents. The following guidelines assist our staff as they complete pickups, deter birds and other pests from spreading debris, and help keep our city clean.
- Garbage intended for pickup must be placed curbside by 8 am on the day of pickup, but not more than 24 hours before. Garbage brought out after the truck has passed will not be picked up until the next cycle.
- Use garbage bags or proper garbage containers with handles.
- Maximum weight per garbage container is 50 lbs. Overweight garbage bags or containers will be tagged and left behind.
- Items measuring more than 3 feet in dimension in any one way may not be picked up, i.e. mattresses and furniture.
- Small tree branches, twigs and other garden refuse must be tied in bundles, or placed in boxes, not to exceed 3 feet in length.
- Unacceptable waste includes building materials, sod, concrete, shingles, fluorescent bulbs, full or partially full paint cans, batteries (all sizes), used oil, furniture and mattresses. These items are accepted at the Landfill or Hazardous Waste Depot, located at 104 Hanover Rd. E.
- Residents are encouraged to bring all broken electronic items to the E-waste collection depot at Eastman Recycling Services, 60 Industrial Road. The MCC Thrift Store at 417 Main Street is another excellent drop-off option for items in good, working condition.
The city thanks residents for their assistance and cooperation!