Transportation for the mobility disadvantaged and seniors (ages 55+) is provided by the City of Steinbach. The service is funded in part by the Manitoba Department of Transportation and Government Services through an annual operating grant.
Handi Transit services are available Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm.
If you require this service, contact the Handi Transit Operator, Shawn Woods at 204.326.4055 on Monday to Friday, between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, or leave a message with the answering service. It is recommended that appointments be booked in advance to ensure availability.
Steinbach Handi Transit will transport you to:
1) Medical Appointments
3) Personal Business
4) Social Activities
(On a priority basis)
Steinbach Handi Transit offers:
1) Door-to-door service.
2) Assistance, if necessary, by the driver to board the van and to the main entrance of your home or business.
3) Transportation within city limits and outside city limits if time permits.
4) Transportation to medical appointments, funerals or other personal business.
5) Transportation outside city limits can be arranged. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance and are subject to the availability of the driver.
Steinbach Handi Transit does not provide:
1) Assistance by the driver for excess baggage or parcels.
2) Assistance to your apartment if it is not at the main entrance of the building in which you reside.
Payment is required at the time of your trip. You may pay by cash, cheque, or use a valid Handi Transit Pass. Transit passes ($50, valid for 10 one way trips within city limits) are available for purchase at City Hall or from the Handi Transit driver.
Within City Limits
All trips within City limits $ 5.00 / person
Additional Rider(s) $ 5.00 / person
Standby Fee $ 6.25 / 15 min. of waiting time
Other out of City Trips $ 0.60 / km plus $ 5.00 / person
Out of City trips must be pre-booked at least 24 hours in advance and are subject to driver availability.
Responsibilities of Passengers: