The timing of spring road restrictions in Steinbach corresponds with Provincial spring road restrictions. At this time they are scheduled to begin at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, March 8, 2021. Road restriction signs will be clearly posted at affected road intersections.
The City of Steinbach has made some changes to spring road restrictions starting Spring 2021:
- An online map illustrating all restrictions is now available.
- All roads restricted to 65% or 90% of axle load are classified as B1 roads for the purpose of weight restriction calculations.
- Requests for overweight loads to travel on 65% restricted roads must be approved by email at least 24 hours in advance. Approval will be based on each individual request. Requests can be made by submitting a Road Restrictions Exception Request.
- Requests for non-reducible loads to travel on City roads must be approved by email at least 24 hours in advance. Approval will be based on each individual request. Requests can be made by submitting a Road Restrictions Exception Request.
- Non-reducible loads will only be allowed in the mornings before 12:00 Noon regardless of ambient temperatures and a prescribed route must be followed.
- A copy of email approval for overweight trucks or non-reducible loads will be required of all drivers as proof of approval at time of inspection by the City By-Law Enforcement Officer.
- Drivers and dispatchers are responsible for being aware of and following the restrictions that are in place. The City of Steinbach encourages drivers to view the road restrictions map before each trip to ensure compliance with By-Law 2164.